- 1. First, make sure you are following Makerspace safety precautions (tie back hair, no loose clothing, and closed-toe shoes).
- 2. Wear a full-face protective mask and do not wear gloves.
- 3. Be sure people around you are at a safe distance from the saw.
- 4. Keep protective guards in place at all times
- 5. Make sure that the blade is the proper size and shape for the arbor hole. Additionally, check that there is no buildup on the blade.
- 6. Place piece of wood flat up against the fence. Hold one side of the wood to prevent it from moving at least six inches away from the blade.
- 7. Be careful to not push wood into the blade. If using a small piece of wood, make sure there are clamps to keep it in place.
- 8. Make sure saw is at full speed before making the cut.
- 9. Don’t raise blade from workpiece until blade has come to a complete stop.